Top 10 Foods To Help Slim Your Waistline!
We’ve all heard the phrase, “You Are What You Eat”… The truth is 75% of weight loss is done through healthy eating and only 25% through exercise. The foods you choose to eat have a direct result on your belly, good and bad.
Simply doing ab crunches alone will not help you achieve a slimmer waistline, it’s vital to do exercises that target your whole body.
We’ve picked a list of top 10 foods to help you eat your way to a slimmer tummy.
- Avocados- Contains 2 grams of filling fibre and 4 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which may help keep the kilos off.
- Bananas –Packed with resistant starch, which are healthy carbohydrates that your body digests slowly and keeps you full for longer! Resistant starch also encourages your liver to switch to fat-burning mode, giving your metabolism a boost.
- Yoghurt- Yogurt is great for your gut. It contains beneficial probiotics, which help balance microflora and prevent bloating. Go for sugar-free yoghurts and sweeten with honey or fruit.
- Berries- These little gems contain powerful antioxidants, which can improve blood flow, delivering more oxygen to muscles.
- Green Tea- Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance. The compound ECGC in the tea makes it easier to burn fat.
- Citrus- Like oranges and red peppers can help you zap up to 30 percent more fat during exercise.
- Whole Grains- Whole grains are a great source of filling fibre, which aids digestion and increases satiety. Researchers have found that women who regularly consumed whole grains had a 49% lower risk of significant weight gain over time.
- Cucumbers- Contain a high water content of 96% and are low in calories.
- Dark Chocolate (Above 65% Cacao) like avocados, dark chocolate contains healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which can help speed up your metabolism. Just watch your portions.
- Eggs- High-protein breakfasts, especially ones that include eggs, have been linked to weight loss, reducing belly fat in the process.